Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
This will be short since we have just a little time left until we have to head back to the kitchen, but I wanted to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving!  Big S had a very interesting assignment at school this week.  They were giving the writing prompt of "even so, I'm  thankful..."  it was fabulous!  They had to take 10 things that they "dislike" and "complain" about and turn them all into positive statements that go "Even so, I am thankful for ...complaint... because it reminds me/shows me that I..."  They were really wonderful!  Things like I am thankful for homework because it reminds me that I am able to get a god education, I am thankful for having to eat foods I don't like because it reminds me that I have parents who feed me "nutritious" foods...  I think that today we should all reflect on the things that we complain about but really should be thanksful for!  Happy THANKSgiving everyone!!

No comments: