Wednesday, May 21, 2008

boos from the crowd




ok, I know that I will probably get boos from all of you (all one of you who read this!), but I have to say ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  I watched AI last night and David C is WAY better than David A!  That said, let me explain myself before the hysteria takes on a life of it's own.  David A is a darling young 17 year old boy with a beautiful voice, but seriously other than the swooning teeny-boppers (like the girl with the sign telling him that she needs a date for the prom - she was darling too by the way), who does he appeal to?  Maybe I'm crazy, but David C is way more marketable in today's music scene in MY opinion!  I have loved everything that he has sung this season!  He is current and mature and talented.  David A will do well - when they let him grow up AND give him some decent songs - yes, he sang 'Imagine' beautifully (is that proper english?), but that original song was horrid (of course they usually are pretty cheesy every season), but he is only 17, let him get some experience under his belt and he will be a force to reckon with.  I am not trying to bash little David, it's just that I don't think anyone - ESPECIALLY the judges- gave him a fighting chance OR credit where credit is due.  I hope David C pulls one out and surprises everyone, but when Simon tells the entire viewing world that little David has already won, what is a man to do?  That's my rant for now!!!  Over and out!!

1 comment:

The Mom Jen said...

I have never watched a single episode of AI, but i've come across so many good recaps today that I just may start watching!