Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve


Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house (or rather the Florida condo) not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse (I certainly hope no mice, the monthly exterminator visit was just a couple days ago they said!). The children were snuggled up tight in their bed (hid-a-bed in the living room- all 3 together) while visions of sugarplums (ipods, webkins, dvds and cell phones) danced in their heads.  Ma in her kerchief (or rather my pjs and maybe a ponytail) and me in my cap (yah right, unless hubby decides to sleep in one of his million baseball hats) had just settled down for a long winter's nap (what long nap?  how about up too late and certain to be woken up way too early in the morning).  When what to my wondering eyes should appear than a little white sleigh and 8 tiny reindeer (do I really need to address this?  you are either 6 years old or taking hallucinogens - either way, I can't help you)
As you can see, the warm weather has not dampened my spirits!   We landed in Miami last night and it was 70+degrees out!!  It has been gray and rainy most of the day, but we didn't care since we had the usual first day errands to run, plus adding a little Christmas magic to the condo!!  I found these fabulous litte plastic things - they're sorta like clings, but they don't cling, you have to tape them up!  Anyway, we have a fireplace with a roaring fire in it, a wreath, two windows with snowy winter views outside and candles in the sill!  Actually does add to the ambiance!!  I had made new stockings for the trip and we hung them up on the wall with those removable hooks!  And of course a string of lights above the sliding glass door!!  Not too shabby for a Florida Christmas Eve!!  Much better than the ice storm we left behind in Indy!!
Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas tomorrow!!

No comments: