Thursday, February 18, 2010

another writers workshop...


I couldn't quite decide between these two this week on Mama Kat's weekly challenge.... Decisions, decisions, I think it's the lack of diet coke in my system that is impairing my cognition and therefore ability to make a decision, therefore, I think I'll do a mini answer both both if that's ok with you all!

4.) Childhood memory time: Write about something you loved to do as a child: Sadly the one thing I really enjoyed doing as a child was cleaning and organizing my room. I wish my girls had inherited that gene, but sadly, it appears that trait with die with me! I also loved to read - I was the kid with the flashlight under the blankets after my parents had made me turn my lights off! Another strong memory is when my sister and I used to play in the basement and choreograph dances to Air Supply songs! good times!!

5.) “The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned” ~ Maya Angelou -Now write: the ache for home, we all feel that at different times in our lives and for different reasons. As an adult, I believe that I have felt that ache even more often than I did as a child. I am, quite honestly, very much a home-body. I love nothing more than all of us snuggled on the couch with a bunch of blankets, a fire in the fireplace and a good, giggly movie on! I love the comfort and coziness of our home. It is often a mess, way more cluttered and disorganized than I would prefer, but the one thing that it is, that I am proud of, it is our HOME! Not just a house, but OUR HOME, a place where we are all comfortable, where we snuggle, talk, laugh, cry, argue sometimes, act silly a lot of the time and love each other ALWAYS! The doorbell rings, the dogs, tho small in size, can make a lot of noise and the cats have bells on their collars so everyone know when they are around! It is NOT a quiet place most of the time! Kids are sprawled out all over the place - Little S often spreads a blanket on the floor in the front hallway to "play school" and do her homework! If I am on the couch, there is at least one dog, often two and usually a kid snuggled up under my afghan with me - and I wouldn't have it any other way!! There's always some sort of craft in process on the kitchen counter or table! At the moment there is one sewing machine on the dining room table and one in the family room! On the surface, I should do a better job in some areas, but it has always been more important to me for my home to be comfortable, welcoming and feel like a safe haven rather than look like a model home. That's not to say that I would be upset if my house super neat, clean and organized as long as it was still a home and not just a house where some random people live!


No comments: