Thursday, January 1, 2009

now that the ball has dropped, confetti thrown, champagne drunk and probably chased with a few aspirin, what do we have to look ahead to?  Only 365 more days till we get to do it all again!  And then we will be a year old, hopefully a little wiser but not any more lbs bigger!!

I know new year's resolution are usually a waste of time, but I would love for you to try to make that are reasonable and achievable.  Start by reviewing resolutions that failed in past years...  lose weight (too general to be worthwhile), exercise more (again too general), start a hobby, learn a new skill, do something better....  So, here are my sincere and well thought out resolutions for the new year - monthly updates on my success will follow!!

1. lose a specific (tho not public) amount of weight before my sister's anticipated wedding this coming summer (if for some reason they don't get engaged and therefore married this summer, then I'm off the hook!!) - to further define this goal, I am going to be trying to most of it with specific exercise time that will be scheduled in 4 times a week rather than a crazy diet!!

2. keep the house better organized - meaning not let it go and then have a mountain rather than a mole hill to contend with!  that means an hour a day set aside to keep on top of things - again scheduled into my day!

3. institute family fridays to ensure that we have quality time together every week - again scheduled on the calendar!  it can be movie night, game night or anything the crew can come up with that includes the entire family!!

I think 3 is a reasonable number to work towards.  There are TONS of other things that I would like to work on and very well might, but rather than bite off more than I can chew, I am going to leave it at that for now!

I would love to hear about your resolutions and how you plan on sticking to them!  Here's to a happy, healthy and blessed new year!!

No comments: