Sunday, January 3, 2010

my favorite saint...

Today is the feast day of my confirmation saint - Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton! I chose her as my Confirmation saint for several reasons; some of which include that my middle name is Elizabeth, that she was raised protestant like me, she is an American saint and she was a wife and mother. Her life is very interesting and shows us all how with faith and hard work, we can turn our lives around from any adversity! Happy feast day!!

Saint Quote : Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton


What was the first rule of our dear Savior's life? You know it was to do his Father's will. Well, then, the first purpose of our daily work is to do the will of God; secondly, to do it in the manner he wills; and thirdly, to do it because it is his will.

We know certainly that our God calls us to a holy life. We know that he gives us every grace, every abundant grace; and though we are so weak of ourselves, this grace is able to carry us through every obstacle and difficulty.

--Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton from her writings
courtesy of http://faithofthefatherssaintquote.blogspot.com/


No comments: