Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco de Mayo!!!!!!!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!!
 
Who doesn't love a good party?  Cinco De Mayo may just conjure up visions of margaritas and coronas with lime, but there is so much for to this fabulous day!  There's tacos, nachos, burritos, chimichangas, chips and salsa, guacamole .....

So, why Cinco de Mayo?  And why should Americans savor this day as well?  Because 4,000 Mexican soldiers smashed the French and traitor Mexican army of 8,000 at Puebla, Mexico, 100 miles east of Mexico City on the morning of May 5, 1862.
Ok, so I'm not that smart, I did a little research and that is what I found at www.vivacincodemayo.org/history.htm  .  It's always good to know why you are raising your glass!, so, now you know!  Tip one back for me, hubby is out of town so I'm be celebrating alone!
Ole!

No comments: