Thursday, May 14, 2009

for all you football fans...

Tony Dungy, former Indianapolis Colts head coach visited our school earlier this week.  His visit was the prize that our students won back in the fall for raising the most money of any elementary school during the American Diabetes walk-a-thon!  Now that might not mean much to you, but this is Colts country and Tony Dungy is the man, the living legend who not only brought the Colts to the Superbowl (and won!!) but has proven himself to be a man of substance and honor and has earned the respect of anyone who has taken the time to get to know him or even learn something about him!  Tony retired as our head coach at the end of the season last year to spend more time with his family and pursue some other, very worthy, interests; but he shall forever be loved here in Indy by men, women and children alike!  Needless to say, this was a HUGE deal for the school!  No one outside of students, teachers, staff and the PTO Executive Board were allowed in the school while he was there - so I was pretty psyched that I was on the board!  I ended up taking pictures for everyone since our gym has such poor lighting and I was the only one who didn't have a point-and-shoot camera!  I thought it would be fun to post a couple of my shots - I didn't include any of the really important ones because they included children other than my own and I don't want to put their little faces out there on the web without their parent's permission, but I got some really cool shots of them for the school - you'll just have to take my word for it!!!
one of the signs in the lobby that the kids made to welcome Coach Dungy
Coach Dungy applauding the kids' efforts!
he's a pretty cool guy!
me with the coach - not the best picture (since I didn't take it - ha!) but there it is
me with Blue - the mascot - he was hysterical!!!
Everyone had a great time and it was a real honor to get a chance to meet Coach Dungy and make that mark on our bedposts!!

No comments: