Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I'm going to be a SIL!!!!



It's true!!  I'm going to be a SIL!!  My darling little sister got engaged last night to a wonderful man and we are all very excited!!  Little sister deserves a great man and a great life, things haven't always been easy - not that they are for any of us, but I'm a protective big sister and I want the best for her - even though I'm still not over the whole "The Rose" thing!!  That one exclusion made, they are great together and I wish them a lifetime of happiness together!!  My darling nephew was in on the whole thing and he was so incredibly excited - there's nothing cuter!!  He will have 3 new brothers along with his soon to be step-dad - they are all older than him, so I'm certain there are some good blogging stories to come with 4 boys in the family!  Anyway, on to what everyone really cares about..... the ring!  I haven't seen it since they live half the country away, so I am going to do some speculation of my own!
It could look like this, but I don't think so...
Perhaps he went with the classic cut like this...
Perhaps he tried something a little different like this... tho purple isn't her color...
There is this more classic, yet modern design that he may have gone for....
and who doesn't like the ever popular cutsey cut.....

Dubai is the new "greatest place on earth" they know how to do it up right there, but this may have been a little out of his price-range and a little too big for her finger....

I'm guessing that it is more along these lines.....
Any guesses?  I am hoping to see a picture of the real deal soon, in the mean time, I have a lot of work to do as Matron of Honor - I'd like to change the name, Matron sound so... matronly!  I'm thinking of something grander like "supreme assistant to the bride" or perhaps "favorite bridesmaid".  I'm still working on the new title - I'll let you know when find the right one!  The best part is that I am in charge - OK, little sister is in charge, but I'm second in command!!  I have 2 bridesmaids, a junior bridesmaid (Big S) and 2 flower girls (Little S and Little G) to boss around!!  We all know how much I love to be in charge!  I've already got a list of things that I can make them do!  Fun, fun, fun!!
The big day is July 31st so I, I mean Little Sister, has a lot to do!!  Let the countdown begin.....
Congrats to the happy couple!


4 comments:

Sarah Mae said...

Congrats to you! Um, and your sister, of course! :)

Merrie said...

Congrats to her and to your entire family! :)

Ranch Girl said...

Yay!!!!!!

Jenni said...

Me too, only you get to be one sooner than me and I don't have to wear a bride's maid dress or be a matron of honor. She just wants my kids which is so fine with me. And I still get the role of big sis which comes with plenty of control and planning. ;)