Monday, March 16, 2009

passionate?

What are you passionate about?  You hear that question often throughout your life from a variety of people and certainly your answers change from time to time, dependent upon your age, your stage in life and your current circumstance.  What are YOU passionate about?  Can you come up with 5 things? 10?  Rise to the challenge, be honest, search deep inside...

1. I am passionate about my children.  The 3 couldn't be more different, but daily I am amazed how much I adore them and how badly I want them to have the most wonderful lives, without pain and disappointment - not realistic, but a mother can dream can't she?
2. I am passionate about my marriage.  Hubby and I started out as good friends in college - even double dated (weird huh?), it wasn't until a couple years later that we got back in touch and I had made the decision to stop dating the wrong kind of guy for myself and then, boom, there he was!  God just waited until I was ready to put us together!  Life isn't always easy, but it has been an adventure and I am so glad to be sharing it with him!
3. I am passionate about my faith.  I was raised Presbyterian - going to church and sunday school, but religion wasn't a part of our daily life.  It wasn't until after we were married and expecting Big S that I decided to become catholic - I haven't regretted that decision for a second!  I was drawn to Catholicism because of the sense of community and the comfort I found in all the rituals.  I had no idea how true I would find those perceptions to be or how much they would come to mean to me!  I have really grown the most in my faith in the last 5 years and it is an important part of my daily life and has changed the way I look at everything.  
4. I am passionate about photography.  I have always loved taking pictures and I remember getting my first camera around 4th grade - one of those great 110s!  I took lots of pictures during our school trip to Williamsburg and Jamestown!  Over the last several decades I have developed my skills - lots of practice with 3 gorgeous little girls running around all the time!  I turned pro a little over a year ago which has forced me to work on other aspects that I may have pursued otherwise and I am really enjoying it!!
5. I am passionate about beautiful sunny spring days.  There is nothing like those first few days of spring - you can't help but smile!  I love to roll down the windows, blast some great music and soak it all in!  I hate the cold and gray days so when spring truly arrives, I feel alive again!  I love to get out in the yard and do some planting and see the first buds on the trees and flowers trying to peek out of the ground after a long winter nap!
6. I am passionate about my friends.  I would put my sister at the top of that list (she probably should get her own #, but I'm going to keep her here for the moment).  There are only a handful of people in this world that I consider true lifelong friends, but those people mean more to me than I can express (and they know who they are!).  There are lots more people who I consider friends, but on a less deep level, but they are still important and I wouldn't want to discount those relationship or their importance, but it isn't the same as those few that know the core of you and vice versa.  Those are the ones who pick you up when you need and know you down a tad if you need that too!!
7. I am passionate about being involved.  Many may saw that I am over-involved, and although that may be true, I love it!  I love getting in and working on things and seeing them through to fruition!  I love being involved mostly at church and the girls' school - I believe that the more you give, the more you get and it certainly has been true for me in many situations!

I could probably come up with many more, but I think that's a good start!  What are you passionate about?  Write about it on your blog and link it back to me so I can read it!!

No comments: