Thursday, March 26, 2009

preparing ourselves for spring


Can I get an "Amen" from the crowd?  I am not the only one whose clothes shrink during the winter, am I?  Certainly others have the same issue, right?  Especially those darn bathing suits!!  Well, my dear friend Lori and I have begun preparing ourselves for the inevitable warm weather for which we will begin shedding layers and exposing our alabaster skin to daylight!  In an effort to reduce the surface area and therefore the amount of glare that others in the vicinity are exposed to, we have started a morning exercise/therapy session.  We gather 3 mornings a week and essentially she tortures my sad little out of shape body, leaving my muscles whimpering but my adrenaline flowing!  This is the way exercise should be - you hardly notice the torture because you are enjoying the company so much!  Nothing like friend therapy (it's not just cheap, it's free) and taking out your aggressions on some hand-weights!   We've known each other for several years, but you get to know a person at a whole different level when you are sweating, groaning and heavy breathing together - mind out of the gutter, we're exercising!!
Anyway, I am grateful to have a friend who will guide me through this new "hobby" of mine - one who will laugh with me, cry with me, push me, challenge me, call me out when I need it!!  Lucky me! 

No comments: