Monday, March 23, 2009

My guilty pleasure, another one!!!




It's true!!  I love The Tudors!  It all began when I read one of Phillipa Gregory's books - I started with "The Other Boleyn Girl" right about the time of the first season of The Tudors.  It was the beginning of the end for me!  I am totally hooked!  I truly, honestly enjoy the story line - I swear!  Ok, so Jonathan Rhys Meyers is easy on the eyes.

Ok, his eyes are easy to look at - those piercing baby blues!!
And his body doesn't suck either!
Seriously, who would watch a show about Henry VIII if he looked like the real guy?
Honestly, THIS guy was a lady's man?  Was it all about the money and the power?  I know that looks aren't everything - they really aren't much of anything in fact, just our outer shell.  It's what's inside that really matters.  And there certainly was plenty inside the real Henry!  He was a big boy - and a stinky one at that - he had a severe leg injury that that never healed - it was putrid, rotten and stunk like only rotting flesh can.  Gross!  And he was STILL a lady's man - unbelievable!  Thank goodness MY Henry isn't the awful guy his inspiration was! ;)

No comments: